The GU8 Consortium has identified the areas of Ocean Science and Marine Biotechnology as having shared interest and great potential for joint research among GU8 member universities, especially in terms of expertise, resources and enthusiasm provided by each institution. Highly encouraged by the results and consensus made at the Marine Science Workshop in Xiamen (September 9~11, 2012) and the Council of Presidents meeting in Inha (November 22~23, 2012), the following meeting has been suggested to promote further cooperation in the specific area of Ecotoxicology by sharing knowledge, exchanging information and exploring more feasible ways of collaboration.
■ Dates: February 27-March 1, 2013
■ Place: The University of Hull, UK
■ Featured Topic: Ecotoxicology
- Enhance understanding of the research status of each university
- Identify common areas of interest between GU8 members
- Share information on funding calls in international and multinational levels
- Research and prepare outline of funding/exchanhe applications
- Local organizer : Dr. Jeanette Rotchell, University of Hull (J.Rotchell@hull.ac.uk)
- Co-organizer : Dr. Tamar Lotan, University of Haifa (email@example.com)
The School of Biology, Biomedical and Environmental Sciences at the University of Hull has kindly agreed to fund the accommodation for one participant from each of the GU8 partner Universities. Any interested scholars from GU8 member universities are welcome to participate. Any colleagues, who are interested, please contact Prof. Rotchell.
We look forward to another successful meeting with many participants and fruitful results.